Rep. Robert Johnson, D-Marksville, sponsor of HB-491
Today’s Sound Off Louisiana feature entails our issuance of the first edition of the Republican Wall of Shame (RWS), which is comprised of 23 Republicans (and two Independents):
RWS: Edition 1. Republicans who supported a 40% license fee increase for licensing cosmetologists notwithstanding the corruption and job-obstructionist acts linked below.
Support Links for Historical Corruption and Job Obstruction Acts by Louisiana Cosmetology Board:
- Massive legal fees to resolve Vietnamese discrimination litigation during which Federal Judge Brian Jackson openly stated, “Constitutional rights were clearly violated.” [Additional reference: former Congressman Joseph Cao lambasts the Cosmetology Board for recklessly disregarding search and seizure rights entailing Vietnamese manicurists].
- More massive legal fees entailing litigation regarding eyebrow threaders.
- For two consecutive years, thwarting Rep. Julie Emerson’s initiatives to permit hair braiders to practice with no license and, in fact, openly cheering Sen. Regina Barrow’s initiative to impose MORE licensing requirements on hair braiders! They did this notwithstanding the fact that the governor who appointed them, Gov. John Bel Edwards, openly supported Emerson’s initiative!
- A Board employee, Winn Johnson, routinely selling answers to the cosmetology licensing exam for $500/pop.
- Closing down Jennifer Menard’s mobile salon, which was a huge benefit for residents of assisted living facilities for obtaining hairstyling.
- Having done absolutely NOTHING about licensed instructor Kevin Martin’s permitting unauthorized “observers” on to a public school campus in Lafayette Parish (with it having been stated these unauthorized “observers” may have been charged $5,000 “cash under the table” in exchange for him allowing them to “observe” these courses and take the cosmetology licensing examination).
Louisiana Republican (23) and Independent (2) state Representatives voting FOR HB-491 on 4/10/18 vote (i.e. Sound Off Louisiana’s FIRST REPUBLICAN WALL OF SHAME):
(Red indicates Representative is term-limited and cannot run for re-election in 2019).
CLICK HERE to ascertain whom your Louisiana State Representative and Louisiana Senator are if you’re not sure. All you have to do is supply the brief requested information. Thereafter, you can request your polling location and also whom your elected officials are.
Rep. Tony Bacala, R-Prairieville, District 59, Phone: (225) 677-8020 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Taylor Barras (House Speaker), R-New Iberia, District 48, Phone: (337)373-4051 email@example.com
Rep. John Berthelot, R-Gonzales, District 88, Phone: (225) 647-5646 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Terry Brown, I-Colfax, District 22 Phone: (855) 261-6566 email@example.com
Rep. Steve Carter, R-Baton Rouge, District 68, Phone: (225) 362-5305 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Charles Chaney, R-Rayville, District 19, Phone: (318) 728-5875 email@example.com
Rep. Greg Cromer, R-Slidell, District 90, Phone: (985) 645-3592 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Paula Davis, R-Baton Rouge, District 69, Phone: (225) 362-5301 email@example.com
Rep. Franklin Foil, R-Baton Rouge, District 70, Phone: (225) 342-6777 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Lance Harris, R-Alexandria, District 25, Phone: (318) 767-6095 email@example.com
Rep. Kenneth Havard, R-Jackson, District 62, Phone: (225) 634-7470 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Lowell “Chirs” Hazel, R-Pineville, District 27, Phone: (318) 767-6082 email@example.com
Rep. Stephanie Hilferty, R-Metairie, District 94, Phone: (504) 885-4154 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Frank Hoffmann, R-West Monore, District 15, Phone: (318) 362-4130 email@example.com
Rep. Paul Hollis, R-Covington, District 104, Phone: (985) 871-4680 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Mike Huval, R-Breaux Bridge, District 46, Phone: (337) 332-3331 email@example.com
Rep. Christopher Leopold, R-Belle Chase, District 105, Phone: (504) 393-5649 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Tanner McGee, R-Houma, District 53, Phone: (985) 858-2970 email@example.com
Rep. Joseph Marino, I-Gretna, District 85, Phone: (504) 361-6013 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Jack McFarland, R-Jonesboro, District 13, Phone: (318) 259-4275 email@example.com
Rep. Kevin Pearson, R-Slidell, District 76, Phone: (985) 646-6487 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Clay Schexnayder, R-Gonzales, District 81, Phone: (225) 473-6016 email@example.com
Rep. Joseph Stagni, R-Kenner, District 92, Phone: (504)465-3479 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Julie Stokes, R-Kenner, District 79, Phone: (504) 468-8603 email@example.com
Rep. Jerome Zeringue, R-Houma, District 52, Phone: (985) 876-8823 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sound Off Louisiana’s FIRST Corresponding DEMOCRATIC WALL OF PRAISE):
Rep. Marcus Hunter, D-Monroe, District 17, Phone: (318) 362-3440 email@example.com
Rep. Jerome Richard, I-Thibodaux, District 55, Phone: (985) 447-0999 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to be added to our Sound Off Louisiana email list to be notified of future Sound Off posts, simply scroll to the very bottom of this page (mobile devices) or to the end of the right-hand column (desktops) and supply your email address within the subscribe box. You’ll then receive an automated email from Word Press, and all you have to do is click on the blue “confirm follow” bar contained within that email, and you’ll begin receiving great posts such as the preceding one above.